Monday, February 2, 2009

Technique, Speed and Strength


After a super fun saturday night, I had a few cobwebs on Sunday.  It took me a good part of the day to shake the headache and then I forced myself to ride my trainer for an hour.  I worked up a good sweat and felt much better after the ride.  Lucky for me, I had the Cards and the points last night, so I enjoyed the game.  That, of course coupled with having some friends over to watch, made for a good end to the football season.
Tonight was Tri2Be workout number 2.  We met on 72nd street in Central Park.  It was another run tonight and we had two options.  A speed or technique workout.  Ramon suggested that I do the technique workout, so I followed orders.  We started with a mile jog to get the legs warm.  After the warm up we did a series of drills to build foot speed, lengthen our stride and build strength.  The drills we did reminded me of basketball camp, back in the day.  The most physically challenging one being a kind of quad based leap frog thing.  Next time you see me, remind me to show you this one, your quads will be sore  for a week.  After the drills we did some strengthening exercises and then some stretching.  I really can't put into words how sore i'm going to be tomorrow.  I'm still trying to shake the soreness from Saturday's sprints and tonight was just a "dog pile" (stick witih the one or skip ahead to the 3rd mintute) on my leg muscles.  It was brutal.  I got home tonight and did some additional stretching which left me lying on the floor in my apartment feeling like this women.  To top it off, it's my intention to get up and ride before work tomorrow.  I can only hope I can get of out bed to do it.    I had some dinner, a shower and now I'm relaxing.  There is some quality entertainment on TV  tonight, I just watched Kobe drop 61 on the Knicks and now I'm watching the greatest French export of all time, Andre the Giant, in the Princess Bride.  I'm sure I'll pass out shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment