Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Very New York Weekend


My weekend of training started early on Saturday morning.  Once again the team met at 7 for a tough workout in Central Park.  We started with a mile warm up from Bethesda Terrace up to the Reservoir.  Once we reached the reservoir we did a 2 sets of the following workout.  A half a mile warm up, followed by a half a mile at 75% of max, repeat, then the same effort for a mile instead of the half.  Like I said, we did this twice.  The goal of the workout was to maintain a similar effort and similar times through the sets of runs.  I successfully ran the half mile splits between 3:58 and 4:08 and the hard miles around 8 minutes.  We finished with a cool down and I covered about 10 miles in total for the workout.  I felt good about my effort and times, and was happy to log about 10 miles.  
I got back to my apartment, got cleaned up and headed up to Bryant Park to see a fashion show.  It's fashion week in NYC and i had an opportunity to see a fashion show in the tents.  You can insert your gay joke here, but I will say this is something that was on my list of things to do in NYC.  It was interesting; a lot of faux hawks on guys, and the highest of high heels on the women and these were the spectators.  On my way out I had my one legitimate  star sighting, Jennifer Love Hewitt was there being interviewed by someone.  she looked good, not like this, the pics she had some much recent press for.  I also saw one of the yentas from the Real Housewives of NYC, but she doesn't count.  I hopped on the subway and headed home.  The "star" sightings didn't end at Bryant Park, as I walked down N. Moore St. to my apartment, i saw Damon Dash, Jay-Z former partner from Roca-fella Records.  He lives on my street a few blocks down.  He's not the biggest star, but had a lot of cash at one point.  Not sure he's doing so well anymore.  
A solid Saturday starting in the park and getting to see a real NYC event.  
Sunday morning i was up on the early side again, logged a hour and half ride on my trainer and headed up to my teammates apartment to get fitted for my team tri gear.  I bought some bib shorts, tri top, tri shorts and a cycling jersey.  It will be cool to have some team gear in 4 to 6 weeks.  
I'm now waiting for the single greatest grouping of athleticism anywhere in the word to start, the NBA All Star Game.  Also the most entertaining all star game in all of pro sports.  

No comments:

Post a Comment