Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Cycling and Meeting


Tonight was a great night!  I got home from work, had a quick snack and jumped on my trainer.  Once again, it's a super cold night in NYC, so riding outdoors wasn't an option, oh and it snowed most of the day today.  So winter riding consist of utilizing a trainer, it a machine that you hook your road/tri bike to make it a stationary bike.  It's an efficient way to b/c you don't stop pedaling, so it's different than riding outdoors where you may coast.  It's also very boring, tonight i entertained myself with a couple episodes of Cash Cab.  I love game shows, so I've watch many episodes of Cash Cab or Jeopardy while logging some miles on the bike.  I banged out a quick hour ride, showered, had some dinner and went up to the Time Warner Center to meet Ramon and Lawrence.  Ramon was filling Lawrence and I in on what to expect for the ironman training, he asked us some questions about our experiences, pool options, etc. etc.  Ramon is an interesting guy, i don't think he realizes how motivating he is and how much excitement he builds in me when i see him.  this enthusiasm paired with his Spanish accent make him very motivating.  You can't help but believe what he says, I can tell he's going to be a great coach.

2 comments:

  1. meningitis, 50+ Asian Women, kayakers....what is this place......a swimming pool or the Yangtze River?

    bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bad....you can delete the above post.

    bb

    ReplyDelete