Monday, January 12, 2009

Ready To Get Started!!


Here is it, my first blog post ever.  I wasn't sure I wanted to get into this whole blog thing, but after discussing it with a variety of people, they convinced me it's a good thing.  I'll start by saying this blog is going to follow my progress through my training for Ironman Louisville.  The race is 8/30/2009, obviously in Louisville Kentucky.  
I've been involved in triathlons for a few years now.  I raced in a variety of distances and really wanted to complete an ironman.  I think i've finally gotten to the point where my stomach doesn't turn when I think about covering 140.6 miles in a race.  For those of you that aren't sure what the distances are, the swimming portion is 2.4 miles, followed by a 112 mile bike, finishing up with 26.2 mile run.  
Yesterday was a big day for me, my coach for the race was finalized.  I'll be training with a great coach named Ramon Bermo, he is an accomplished athlete and coach and will help not only get to the starting line, but the finish line as well.  He has recently started a triathlon club called Tri2Be.  It will be a good situation for me, I will have an active enthusiastic coach and some great teammates that will help motivate me to get to the finish line.  
I'm not sure how this blog will go down, but my thought right is I will update it pretty regularly, with my workouts, distances, my thoughts and feelings about these workouts.  I hope it's very entertaining, so please check back often.

1 comment: