Sunday, March 29, 2009

7 Day Recap


it's been a week since i posted, i guess i've been busy.  Actually, i know i've been busy.  Work has been busy, i'm moving this week and training is taking more and more time.  
Last Monday was a speed workout followed by some core.  Most of my teammates were still out of town or recovering from their marathon's.  Ramon was also away coaching, so it left a small group of us to run some fast paced hills on Monday.  We ran Cat Hill in Central Park, running at 85% of max up the hill and recovering down.  I completed 7 of these loops and then we did our core work.  Planks and crunches and more planks and crunches.  
The rest of the week was early morning rides, swims and runs.  Nothing monumental, but good work.
This weekend was a long ride and long run.  Yesterday I was primed for a long ride in Jersey with a bunch of my team members.  We had great intentions but they squashed when i woke up to a rainy morning and 8 messages from my teammates letting me know they were out.  I took my time, got ready and headed out to ride anyway.   The rain stopped, leaving thing pretty wet, but also kept the crowds down.  I headed to the Park.  I rode some six mile loops, lower loops and ran into a lot of my friends.  A lot of people doing Bricks and running, it always makes time go by quickly when I see people i know out there.  Part way through the ride, my bike was starting to fail me.  I was having some issues with the gears on my bike.  I was left with utilizing only about 3 gears so i finished my ride, riding lower loops.  I made it home, covered in city dirt.  I logged about 2.5 hours of saddle time, felt good, but my back and neck were sore.  
This morning I made a great discovery, my bike was covered in city dirt from yesterday's ride, I was able to use a hose from my building to do some clean up work on my bike.  It makes cleaning up a lot easier than trying to fit my bike in the shower and keeps all the dirt out of my apartment.  What a great discovery, except i'm moving on tuesday.  oh well.  After the cleaning session, i headed out for a run.  My schedule showed a long, easy paced run.  I went out and ran for about 90 minutes.  It was nice, slow pace, good temperature, really foggy and all in all an enjoyable run.  Lots more characters on the path this morning, a guy riding a bike smoking a cigar, and some B level celebrity from italy or something.  I only knew this b/c i saw the paparazzi and had to ask them what they were doing.  i also ran past the one major tourist attraction that I've never been to, the Intrepid.  It's pretty cool to run past a aircraft carrier, see it's size and see the planes parked on the deck.  I need to go check it out sometime.  I would say i ran about 20 miles this week, cycled i'd guess about 80 miles and swam a mile and a half.  A solid week.  If you aren't aware, check out this link, it's the history of the Ironman.    

No comments:

Post a Comment