Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up


It's been a while since I have posted, the past week was rather busy and i wasn't feeling in the mood to write.  I'll start with the 2ND half of last week.  I was experiencing a fair amount of pain in my left foot and ankle.  I'm sure this was from all the running i had done the week before.  I think between last Thursday and last Monday night, i logged about 30 miles in those 4 days.  My body wasn't ready for that.  Due to my ankle pain, i stuck to the bike at the end of last week and logged some solid workouts on my trainer.  I can tell I'm getting into better shape, I'm not breathing as hard and I'm sweating more.  
Saturday most of the team competed in an 8K race in Central Park.  8K is just short of 5 miles, just and FYI.  I misunderstood the meeting point and had a mile "warm up" to get to the start line.  It was a little faster and a little more hilly than i would have like to warm up to.  I met a few of my teammates that had my number/chip.  As I was putting the chip on my shoe, the race started.  I made my way to the back of the pack, and got in line.  Lucky for me, there are many participants in these NYRR races, so I had a chance to collect myself and get ready to run before i crossed the start line.  the only problem with running from back of the pack is, although I'm not very fast, i am faster than most of the people in the back of the pack.  I spent the first mile weaving my way through the pack to find some open space.  I will never pass that many people in a race ever again.  I ran pretty consistent splits for the 3 middle miles and finished the last just short of a mile in 8:30.  I'm still trying to figure out what my race pace is, especially at this distance.  I was happy with the finish especially because i was rushed at the start of the race.  After the race, i caught up with some of my teammates, chatted a bit and then headed out to finish my run.  From the park i was going to run home.  My guess is it was another 6 to 7 miles back to my place.  Once again, the lack of calories ingested, got the best of me, as I was starting to feel it by the time i got home.  I got cleaned up and met my family for my nephew, Will, the wildebeest, Bystrom's 4Th birthday.  We had a great lunch and it was great to have the family together.  
This morning was another bike ride and i opted for my trainer.  I got a good hour plus ride in and got caught up with some 30 Rock episodes.  Tracy Morgan is one of the funniest men on the planet.  Tomorrow night will be our first team swim, I'm anxious to hear what Ramon has for instruction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment