Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a temporary end to a dream

it's official, i'm out for Ironman Louisville. I have been seeing a doctor on the sneak to deal with some ankle pain that i have been suffering though. the toll of the long workouts i have been enduring has wrecked my ankle. My ankle problems are rooted in too many bad sprains playing hoops growing up. The pounding that my ankle was taking cause some real problems. My doc was doing everything he could to fix me up to train and race, but today he told me it was a no go for this year. he' suggesting some surgery to tighten everything up and then rehab, then we'll dicuss Ironman. I'm not happy, but I also don't want to be total broken at a young age. So I'll hang it up for now, concentrate on riding and see how it all goes. the end, for now.

1 comment: