Thursday, April 23, 2009

still Adjusting


I'm moved in to my new place, but not totally settled. I don't have internet access in my apt yet, so I'm left type this on my blackberry. Isn't technology great.
I feel like Rev Run typing on my b berry, maybe I should go get in the bath tub.
I missed a lot of swim practice being in the hotel, so I went back to the pool last night to see how much I've lost lucky for me, it wasn't to bad. I swam 2000 yards, didn't run our of gas and felt good at the end. I was expecting some soreness today, but really only felt it in my neck.
Last weekend I was in Memphis for a wedding. Weekends away always present special challenges bc I don't have a bike, nor is swimming a good option. After touching down in Memphis, we headed out for BBQ and beers. Neither diappointed. Great BBQ at Central BBQ, then Beale St for beers. Beale st reminds me of a mini Bourbon st or even downtown Mobile Al. Lots of people out walking around and drinking. We went to a bar that has real live goats in the back and they drink beer. Not anything like this in NYC. I heard lots of jokes about this, the funniest being, I've been to bars with lots of pigs and dogs, but never goats. This turned into a little beer tour of Memphis. My night ended at about 4 a.m., this put me at about 23 hours of being awake. Not the best way to get a good workout in on Saturday. Saturday Erin and I headed to a park to do a run. We only ran 5 to 6 miles and I balttled all the way. It was a preview of the summer, the humidity was pretty bad. The park was pretty cool though. There was more wildlife here, this time buffalo. Also there happened to be an xterra triathlon going on. It looked pretty awesome, I may to do one of these some day. The xterra series are off road triathlons. This was a 1 mile lake swim, them a mountain bike ride through the hills of this park, then a trail run. The bike was the coolest, seeing these guys bomb down this hill covered in mud looked like a great way to spend a saturday. Sunday didn't leave me with any time to workout due to travel, so I started the week ready to get back to it.
I've had a few good runs and bikes in addition to last nights swim. This weekend ill be back at it and out in some warm weather. Saturday will be a long bike ride out in Jersey with my teammates. It should be a good time. Sunday will be a long run. I'm ready for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Been looking for other bloggers / triathletes who r doing IM Lou 09. Good luck with training and I look forward to read your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a loooooooong time you're taking to adjust - i think your blog needs some lovin'

    ReplyDelete